Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sexually Insensible

In my Success in College and in Nursing class there was quite a stir as some student health advisers entered the classroom. I heard a girl behind me say, "Is that a dick? That looks like a dick." Of course I am thinking, "Come on! Why does everyone always have to be so perverse and see everything through a sexual lens." However, when I turned my head I saw what was quite clearly a model of a human penis. Oh how I regret not stomping out of class right then and there.

The student health advisers had been invited to give a presentation on staying healthy in college. They talked about eating healthy and exercising for about five minutes. They talked about sexual health for thirty. I'm not going to scar you with the details but they did say how to properly put on a condom-- I'm sorry, actually they had a student volunteer to put a condom on the model they so kindly provided. Then they asked for a round of applause. I am so sorry to report that I was the only one not clapping.

Do I think sex is evil? Do I shun all sexual intercourse? Of course not! I believe that sex is something sacred and therefore needs to be treasured and not abused. It is not something one should talk about in public. Sex is under-appreciated by all who abuse the use of it.

College students talk about sex the same way young children talk about going to the bathroom. It is with giggling and a naughty sense of rebellious pleasure. It disgusts me. The very atmosphere on campus is permeated with sex. It reaches into conversations, into posters, and now even into classrooms. Sexual thoughts float into your consciousness at the slightest provocation. College campuses are infected by the sex-craze.

Chesterton said, "No restriction on sex seemed so odd and unexpected as sex itself.... It showed not an exaggerated sensibility to sex, but a curious insensibility to it."




2 comments:

  1. And the point of this class is.....?

    That's appalling. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is that the more sexualized you are, the more you are accepted by your "peers" unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete